Monday, February 1, 2010

marathon searching.

So in the exciting news tonight: I have acquired two new followers, which has doubled my public readership. Yipee! Welcome.

Again, I was busy over the weekend and did not run. It looks like this semester will be very different than last semester. My favorite post work Sunday runs don't seem to be much of a possibility this semester. Somehow, it seems to just figure that my last semester would be my most difficult semester so far. Not so much in stress level, but in amounts of papers, tests, and projects that I have due. Some last semester.

Anyways, I'm not going to allow school to cut significantly into my running this semester. In that sense, something is obviously going to have to give in my life or else I just won't have the time to complete my thousand miles. However, I'm not going to allow that to happen. I think that I might have to cut my hours at work... or cut into my sleep, but that is not going to last for very long. (already last week one day, I slept through my alarm and was 30 minutes late to work. ugh.) I'm not ready to cut my hours significantly quite yet, so that's going to have to wait a few more weeks, but it's likely to happen. There's just no way that one person can juggle all that I am trying to juggle and survive. It's that simple.

I had a nice run this evening. My pace was wonderful, my timing was great. I didn't even struggle as much as I normally do through the first mile. It was nice to be back out there running again. Tomorrow, I really want to do a long run, homework, weather, and time permitting. Hopefully, I get the majority of a large paper done tomorrow during breaks between classes so that I can really get out there and hit the pavement. (interjection: Am I the only person who adores the phrase "hitting the pavement"?? I think it's wonderful.) I've been planning out my runs in my schedule book so that I am sure to get the mileage done that I want to have done. Admittedly, that's a little nerdy... and we won't even get into what Freud might say about that. With a little planning, I should be able to get some great runs in. I'm just worried about tomorrow's run, because I am a little bit behind on my paper that I have due on Wednesday. These days just fly by.

Tomorrow after I go to the bank, I intend to sign up for Goofy's Challenge. It's a HUGE commitment and a big chunk of money, but I really want to do it. I KNOW that I can. I want to join some kind of a runner's community, though, particularly with people who are training to run Goofy. Now, I think that I need to find a race to run this summer or early fall, a full marathon, just so that I'm completely prepared for what I'm getting myself into... though I might not ever be completely prepared. Ha. I am really excited about it though. I guess that I'm on an official marathon search!

I'm so immersed in running. I've got my Runner's World to read when I have those few moments of free time and I have some running books that I've been working on.. slowly. I think I'm turning into a geek. haha.

Now just to catch up in my mileage to where I should be.

Goal: 1000 miles/365 days
So far: 167.64 miles/86 days
To go: 832.36 miles/279 days

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that your run went so well. I didn't hear any moans and groans or any "I'm dying!" or "I might throw up!" So I'm glad about that. And you even got some weight lifting in. That's awesome! I definitely think that doing a marathon beforehand would be a good idea since you've never run that distance before and you are good at challenging yourself. The thrill of a race can really get you going for sure! And having a closer goal could help you in your training. That Goofy community is also a good idea. Can you do that on the disney website somewhere?

    ReplyDelete