Monday, February 15, 2010

To RUN is to be FREE.

So... I didn't run yesterday like I intended to. That was my bad. Like I keep saying, I need to prioritize things in my life so that I don't feel overwhelmed and unable to accomplish everything that I need to accomplish. I'm starting to frustrate myself with this pattern.

The good news is that I am going to start serious training tomorrow, rain, snow, shine, tornado... whatever the weather, I'll be out there. Running. It's what I do. I can't wait until it isn't snowing every day so that I can just enjoy the weather while I'm out there. I really miss last summer, when I was either swimming or running most days. That was wonderful. I was also on my bike a LOT. However, I'm definitely changing a lot of things in my life, one of which is how serious I have become about running.

I thought that running a half marathon wasn't going to be a big deal... I learned my lesson. Now, I'm going to train to run a full marathon this summer, at least one or two half marathons, and then Goofy's Challenge in January. I think that this summer is going to be a huge running summer for me, which I am really excited about. There's something about running road races that is just wonderful. I think that I want to know more about it. haha.

(It's too bad I'm not super rich and can't skip out on work all summer. haha.)

I miss running outside & I miss having a running partner.

I wrote a short story memoir today about an event that happened when I was a child & in part of it, I wrote about how I just wanted to run. That's really interesting, because I never really thought about that before. When you're a child, running is freeing. People forget that somewhere along the road. I'm glad I've gotten to get it back.

Goal: 1000 miles/365 days
So far: 200.01 miles/99 days
To go: 799.99 miles/266 days

1 comment:

  1. I think you had a really cool insight at the end of this post. I miss running a lot. I feel like I was getting something in my life and now it's been snatched away you know? My foot is feeling better. I haven't noticed it hurting but I also havn't been wearing shoes without those inserts or been running in a while....

    ReplyDelete