Thursday, February 25, 2010

positives.

Yeah, so today is not going to be an outdoor run. It's going to be my last treadmill run for the week. Tomorrow, however, I'll be back in Fort Wayne. After I finish up at work, I'm definitely going to run at least a few miles. There's just something about running that makes me feel better. I realized that last night. I've just been so frustrated with so many things lately... and overwhelmed, but when I run, I do feel better. I'm still overwhelmed, I still hav 3 jobs & I still go to school full time. I still have too much on my plate & I don't sleep enough.

However, there are positives:
1. I'm going to my first choice graduate school next fall. Duh!
2. I HAVE jobs & money. (not a lot of money, but I have a small income & that is wonderful.)
3. I'm training for Goofy's Race & A Half Challenge , which I think is completely respectable. (plus, I'll be living in Orlando, so I won't even have to get a hotel!)
4. My leg muscles are massive.
5. Even when I feel like nothing is going right, my legs still move and my feet still work.

I wonder where I would be right now if my mom hadn't gotten me to do the Fort 4 Fitness last fall. It didn't take a lot of convincing, but it was a wonderful experience. I don't think I'd be where I am right now. I'd certainly not be blogging about running all of the time. I would probably be working out periodically, but it would not be a priority in my life. (& I wouldn't be addicted to races.)

It's funny how things can just change so quickly.

Goal: 1000 mlse/365 days
So far: 216.36 miles/109 days
To go: 783.64 miles/256 days

No comments:

Post a Comment