Thursday, February 18, 2010

sick, races, running, training.

Another day, still sick.
I didn't run yesterday and didn't push myself too hard tonight. I guess that's good news. I put off the start of my official outdoor training until next week.

Tomorrow is going to be another off day, because it will be a long day of work.. hopefully I will be able to run Saturday evening, but it looks like I'm going to have to work another open to close day. Sometimes, I wish I had the willpower to say no. I work too much for my own sanity.

Sometimes, I feel like running is one of the only things that I have that still keeps me near sanity. There's just something about challenging yourself to something, even if it is borderline insane, that keeps a drive within. I keep thinking about these races that I want to run and I'm excited about them. I guess I'd have more drive if I didn't feel like I had to race by myself, though. I wish that Katherine's foot would just get better so she could train & race with me. I think it would be fun.

I've thought about asking my friend Nicole to run a couple races with me. I know that she would do it if possible, but I'm not sure that I know her well enough to spend most of a weekend with her. I don't know what we'd talk about or do. The next race I want to run is in April in South Bend, so I'd need to get a hotel room and find someplace to eat... it just seems lonely to do all of that alone, I guess. I do need to decide soon if I'm going to do it.

Goal: 1000 miles/365 days
So far: 207.57 miles/102 days
To go: 792.43 miles/263 days

No comments:

Post a Comment