Tuesday, February 9, 2010

more treadmill whining.

How do people train for marathons in the winter? This seriously sucks. The weather is calling for another 6-10 inches over the course of the next few days.. and that is on top of the 9 inches that we got on Friday. Hmm. I wonder if we're going to have classes for the rest of the week. Anyways, I really wish that it was nice outside, because I'm reeeeeeally antsy to get outside. I mean, I could run in the cold, I have enough gear to do it... the problem is running on 10 inches of snow on sidewalks that aren't completely clear yet.. plus driving to my usual running route is another challenge. I shouldn't complain, though, because the east coast got double the amount of snow that we got last week and is going to get the brunt of the storm that is coming to us tomorrow.

But seriously... it's so hard to train in this weather & little naive me thought that it was going to be okay to start training soon. Ugh! Maybe I'm just being grumpy.

In positive news, my ankle was okay today and I had a decent run on the treadmill.
Ugh. The treadmill. dreadmill.
Get me outside pleeeeeeease.

Goal: 1000 miles/365 days
So far: 188.91 miles/92 days
To go: 811.09 miles/273 days

No comments:

Post a Comment