Thursday, January 28, 2010

Muscles & callouses

I've been really upset about watching the numbers on the scale go back up lately after a year of watching them go down. However, I've realized that my weight has been stagnant for a little while and is now going back down, but slowly. I know that it is because I have been working myself much harder this past month than I have been for a long time. The muscles in my legs are pretty impressive. I'm proud of how far that I have come and how my body is changing in order to adjust to the changes that I am making in my fitness level. It's actually a little exciting.

I'm also still proud of the callouses on my feet, as strange as it may sound. I think that I'm just really impressed with myself right now.

My run went pretty well tonight, as far as runs go. I logged more miles than I usually do on the treadmill. (I have noticed that it can be really hard to keep running on the treadmill, because it's just not the same as being outside. Hmph.) I'd really like it to be above the low teens so that I can run outside sometime soon. It's only been a week, but I'm really lonely for running on actual pavement. Maybe it will warm up next week. We'll see. I don't think that's a likelihood in the next few days. I really should not be complaining, because this winter has not been too bad at all and I have gotten to log lots of miles outside in weather that hasn't tried to freeze my face into a complete sheet of ice.

Tomorrow is my other day off from running for the week, as I'm going to be working nine hours, combined with an hour of driving and two classes... So yeah, expect to hear from me again on Saturday evening, after I get back from work and run again.

Goal: 1000 miles/365 days
So far: 164.3 miles/82 days
To go: 835.7 miles/283 days

1 comment:

  1. I would say that while you may have gained some weight in terms of fat is true, I would also like to say that some of that weight gain could very well be muscle build up as well. After all, muscle does weigh more than fat and you have been lifting weights as well more frequently. Keep up the great work though. Definitely an inspiration.

    And this winter definitely has been pretty mild overall. Not too many really bitter cold days. I'm thankful for that hah.

    ReplyDelete