Friday, January 1, 2010

a new year! ...sick...

Today I planned to do a "ring in the new year" race in Indianapolis. However, last night I started to get sick (again! ugh.) and decided that it would probably be best to not get up early and drive down and do a race in the winter. I'm a little bit disappointed, but not too upset, considering I spent most of today curled up in bed reading. I'll probably be more disappointed in the situation when I start to feel a little bit better. Like a true road racing addict, I found another race in February that I want to do. I'm going to look at my syllabi when the semester starts next week and see how it looks for that week and then I'll make a plan whether or not to do it. Right now, I'm leaning toward yes, but we'll see. It's a five mile run, so it will be accomplishable (even if I'm sick! ha.)

I did end up getting out of bed and going for a run, though. It was shorter than my last few, and understandably so. It was unusual, but I started to get chills before I was finished. Usually I have time to get into my apartment before I start getting cold. Typically, since I'm aware of it, I can get in the shower before I get cold and it solved all of the problems. This time... not so much. That shortened my run even more. By the time that I got up to my apartment, I was having definite cold chills, but I was a little overheated at the same time. Taking a nice, long shower worked that out, though. Eh. I guess that I should probably start taking it a little bit easier when I'm not feeling so well. It's not THAT necessary to run as long as I can, particularly when I'm sick. I'll keep that in mind, I guess.

I'm proud of myself, though. I've run several days in a row without too much of a lazy attitude. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep it up. I do know that as soon as I start to slack, it'll be more difficult to get back on track. Sooo... I'm just going to have to stay on top of it and keep running.

In other news, it's about a week until the Disney World Marathon/half Marathon weekend, which means that it's around a week until I can sign up to do the marathon next year. That's nerve-wrecking.

Goal: 1000 miles/365 days
So far: 103.28 miles/54 days
To go: 896.72 miles/311 days

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That is nerve wracking to think about doing the half or full at disney a year from now considering neither of us knows what will be going on at that time or where we will be.

    I'm glad you are realizing that maybe you need to take it easy when you are sick. You still have trouble listening to your body's needs I think and that sometimes worries me. But I'm proud of you and all the effort and dedication you've had thus far!

    ReplyDelete