Wednesday, January 6, 2010

cold/sore leg.

Ugh. How do people get used to running in the freezing cold weather? I don't think that I will ever really get used to it. Cold, cold cold. Actually, it's not so bad once I get my body to start moving, but then when I stop moving, it's awful. When I made it back to my apartment tonight, I was frozen solid, almost. Then, I took a shower and my body got really confused. I'm still a little bit cold, but I'm pretty much warmed up at this point. I am definitely wearing layers though.

I've found myself counting down until it'll (probably) be warmer outside and I will be able to move more easily and without wearing as many layers. I do have to say that my running things that I got for Christmas really have done the trick, though. It's definitely a lot better than it would have been if I just went out in some flimsy sweatpants or something. So that's exciting.

Sadly, my right shin is starting to hurt. I'm hoping that it'll just heal without me having to take it TOO easy in the next few days. I first noticed that it was a little sore yesterday when I was running, but today it was worse and now I'm thinking that it's going to be sore when I get up and walk to bed. ughhh.. I was just so proud of myself, too, that I haven't really had a running injury yet. Too bad for me, I suppose.

Goal: 1000 miles/365 days
So far: 118.24 miles/59 days
To go: 881.76 miles/306 days

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you too. It really was cold. I'm not suprised that your body was confused about the hot and cold lol. Mine was a bit as well.

    ReplyDelete