Monday, January 4, 2010

still feeling like crap...

I'm really wondering when I'm going to start to feel 100% again. I couldn't finish my run today, because I started to feel really awful. I had some stomach cramps earlier in the day, but I thought I was feeling better, but when I was around the third mile of my run, the cramps came back tenfold. I felt horrible & almost couldn't stand up for a minute or two. So I went home. I'm hoping that I'll be able to actually run a more complete run in the next few days, because doing three and a half to four miles a day really feels weak.

On the bright side, I haven't been sneezing today and my nose is only half as runny as it was yesterday and the day before. ha. I guess those are positive things to think about.

My first three miles, before I felt like I was going to fall over, went pretty well, though. I had good timing and a great pace for the entire run. I hope that my races continue to go that well for the next ten months. haha. That would be fantastic. I really need to start doing longer runs, though. That's going to have to wait until I'm used to the weather being so cold... and hopefully it won't be too terribly long before it starts to actually warm up and feel decent outside. It will only be a few more months, honestly.

Tomorrow I'm going to to go wild and try to run four and a half miles! I mean, I don't want to have goals that are too extravagant or anything. I've got to start small in order to get to the point I want to. Maybe I'll make it to five, but that might be pushing it a little bit.

Goal: 1000 miles/365 days
So far: 111.06 miles/57 days
To go: 888.94 miles/308 days

No comments:

Post a Comment