Saturday, January 9, 2010

Today, my run sucked.

First I was too hot, then I was too cold. My body hurt and I could hardly move by the end. I did take a few days off of running, first because I was tired and then because I ended up working more hours than I anticipated. So today I ended up running a fairly lengthy run, which was more tough than I thought it would be. I think that I'm going to keep trying to run long runs, though so that I'm able to keep in shape and start training to run half marathons & maybe a full marathon.

The full that I want to do is in a year. I'm going to need to do some serious training for it, which means that I'm going to try to do at least one or two long runs a week- long being 6+ miles. Today I ran six and a quarter, so next week, maybe seven miles. Then I'll run several shorter runs a week, plus doing some cross training in the pool. (combined with some lifting and wii fit & wii active.)

I'm really itching to do a race pretty soon. I have, to a point, been looking into doing some races. I need to sit down and seriously pick a race that I want to do. Right now I'm looking at the Cleveland marathon/half marathon weekend. That's the weekend after my graduation, which means that I need to pick a shorter race sooner than that so that I have something a little sooner than I can plan to race. There's one on Feb. 20th that I was looking forward to in Indianapolis, but I need to find someone to go with me. I'd go with my roommate, but her foot is injured & I don't know if my mom is interested. Maybe I can just go down and stay with one of my friends that lives down there and then go to the race the next day. Hmm... that's definitely an idea! It would for sure save on money.

Good gracious, though, I'm sore. Maybe I should invest in some heating pads for my body or something.

Goal: 1000 miles/365 days
So far: 124.51 miles/63 days
To go: 875.49 miles/302 days

No comments:

Post a Comment