Sunday, January 3, 2010

Today, I realized that everybody is correct in saying that running on a treadmill is dreadfully boring. Once again, I didn't run outside because it got too late by the time I got done with other things and I'm still not 100% comfortable with running in Muncie late at night. I think it would be easier if school was in session so SOME people would be around. Ugh. That's another excuse. Anyways, it is dreadfully boring to run on a treadmill too often. I think that treadmill running will have to be my back up decision, because running outside is much better. There. I said it.

Also, another thought that I had today... was that if I run really really fast, I tire out more quickly and have to take many more walking breaks, whereas if I run at a pace that is a little bit slower, yet more steady, I can run longer and end up running further faster. I'd really enjoy being able to get to a point in which I don't have to take any walking breaks at all, but that's not the reality at this point in my running career, I guess. I just think that I should be running more slowly so that I can run further, longer. That's my new plan. New years resolution? lol. Not so much, but anyways, it's just something to work toward.

I'm still sick. My nose is disgustingly dry from the overuse of kleenexes. It's gross. Today was better, though, so hopefully it'll be gone for good soon. I was better last week for a few days, but then it came back worse than before.

Goal: 1000 miles/365 days
So far: 107.36 miles/56 days
To go: 892.64 miles/309 days

No comments:

Post a Comment