Sunday, January 10, 2010

reality.

Today was much better than yesterday. My body didn't hate me nearly as much as it did yesterday. I actually got to complete my run, though it was only about half as long as I ran yesterday, but it was nice to be able to finish. Yesterday was just an awful run and now that today was better, I'm much more encouraged about running and the path to becoming a full blown runner.

In my Runner's World magazine that I was looking through from last month to look at the list of marathons that they have listed, I came across an advertisement for the princess half marathon in Disney World that happens to be during my Spring Break. I'm still sad that I won't get to run that race, because it looks like a lot of fun and I was excited that it fell during Spring Break during my senior year, but that's okay. I'll just do some training around here instead, while working, and I will save some money so that I can afford to run more races for cheaper prices, considering how expensive running in Disney is.

I'm back in classes tomorrow. I'm a little bit worried about how that is going to affect my running schedule. I really want to ensure that I keep up with my goal and continue to run as much as I have been over break, because it's really important to me that I get this goal accomplished. I know that it's possible and I KNOW that I can do it. I'm just worried that I'll slack off and put other things first. I do think that a number of things are significant and important, especially working and taking classes, but I want to put this up there on my priorities list, too. I'll just have to work out a feasible schedule for life. I think that's possible.

Here's to rejoining the real world.

Also, I just realized that I really screwed up on caluculating my days recently. Hmm..

Goal: 1000 miles/365 days
So far: 128.06 miles/64 days
To go: 871.94 miles/301 days

No comments:

Post a Comment