I feel like I'm at a crossroads. I don't really know what I'm doing with my life sometimes. I don't know where to begin or where I'm headed. I just know that I still want to do big things. So I'm going to try to change my blog a little bit. I started it to share my journey to 1000 miles in a year, which I didn't quite meet, because of a number of reasons. However, I think that I want to ensure that I continue my journey towards HEALTH. In my research (ha. Now I for sure sound like a graduate student..), I have started to fully understand how important it is to not "diet" and to focus on a lifestyle change. That is something that I really need to work on. I haven't been obsessed with dieting, I guess, but I have a tough time looking at things as exercise and healthy eating as a life change. I have often considered it as more something that I can quit or move on from.
So in that case, I'm making a few short and long term goals.
- 30 minutes of exercise daily for the next month.
- actually my long term goal is to work out at least 5 days a week for the remainder of the summer.
- Find a triathlon for next summer. I am pretty positive that I will be able to find one either in Florida or in Indiana so that I either don't have to travel for or will be able to (hopefully) have family there.
- Run again. Although my ankle isn't so sure about my running goals, I need to start running again. Maybe just a few short runs to start off, but I really need to run again. I miss it. :(
- Meet with a dietician on campus. I can see one for free as a student and I think it could be really useful.
- Join a softball league. I've wanted to join one for more than a year now. I played softball for most of my childhood until I graduated high school. I really miss it and, though I never was very good, I think it is something I want to do again. I've looked into it briefly since I moved, but I never really found anything. That's something that I want to do with Katherine if at all possible.
- Blog every day.
- Study for at least one hour a day. I need to make sure that my GPA is as good as it can be, because I KNOW that if I push myself really hard, I can accomplish things.
- Read for fun. :) and for learning.
- Swim regularly. For real. I miss swimming and Florida is so sunshiney and I feel like I just don't take advantage of it.
Physically, I'm changing. I need to change my mindset too. I have to figure out a way that my mind can start to think in more positive ways and that I can look at things differently. It's definitely something that I need to work towards, because I have a very negative attitude sometimes. I hope that I can get there...
I feel like some of my goals are reachable, but it will be really hard. I want to be something that people can look up to, which is something that I don't feel like I have right now. I want to be an inspiration. :)