Thursday, July 1, 2010

back at it.

Motivation has been tough to come by lately, which has had more of an affect on my endurance than I expected.

Running today was really tough. I cut my run in half, which was disappointing. I'm going to have to start working my way up toward running long distances again, which I'm really disappointed about. I'm still going to hold onto my goal of getting to 500 miles before I move. I would really like to finally have gotten to that point. It's not TOO far away. It's manageable... as long as I can get myself out there and run more. I don't know. I can do it. With motivation.

There were a few reasons that my run was so tough today. First, I have horrible cramps today. Horrible. Second, related to said cramps, I woke up after four hours of sleep with cramps and could not go back to sleep. It was awful. I'm exhausted and my body aches. Not a good day to start up running again after not doing it for a while.

I'm going to get out my planner and, next to my work schedule, physically write down my planned mileage for each day. I think that it will be a lot easier to be motivated to follow through if I have a plan. It's hard when I just tell myself that I should run, but then I end up not actually doing it.

In other news, my butt muscle hasn't been hurting lately. We'll see how it feels after I work 12ish hours for 4 days in a row. Hopefully, I'm cured.

Exciting! Katherine sees a podiatrist next week so my running partner might become healed and more able to hold me accountable for my running! Woohoo!

Goal: 1000 miles/365 days
So far: 375.16 miles/238 days
To go: 624.84 miles/127 days

1 comment:

  1. I wish you the best of luck. It'll be easier to get some mileage in when you aren't working and to give you a break from packing and whatnot. I hope I will be able to run again soon. I miss it. I'm sry your run was so hard today. That really sucks.

    ReplyDelete