Friday, July 9, 2010

Sore legs, but 400 miles down!

So apparently the EasyTones work. I'm so sore. Actually, it didn't start hurting until tonight while I was running. Hmph. I didn't think I would be able to finish my run tonight, but I've cut too many runs short lately, so I pushed through. I ended up walking a lot of it, which was disappointing, but not terrible, considering that I almost gave up. I'm proud of myself that I endured.

Saturday is my first 5k! I've run two half marathons and am running a full in January, but I've never run a 5k. I suppose that's somewhat interesting. I'm a little nervous about it. It's in my hometown and a lot of my family will be there, along with Katherine and her mom. After the race is the 3 Rivers Parade, which kicks off the 3 Rivers Festival, which has been my FAVORITE festival ever. I've gone pretty much every year since I was very young... last year I worked in a trailer selling ice cream, but this year I'll be back in attendance, which will be incredible. I'm really excited. But back to the 5k. The 3 Rivers Runners on Parade 5k will be my first race of the 2010, so I'm excited (and nervous and hoping my legs will stop aching before Saturday).

I'm starting to get nervous about running Goofy's Challenge in January. My training isn't quite where I want it to be and I realize that I still have some time to keep working at it. It just makes me nervous that I won't be completely ready by then. I'm probably just overanalyzing myself. I'm good at that.

I'm planning a long run this week on either Tuesday or Wednesday, maybe both days, but probably not. I have both days off this week, which is unusual for me, but that's alright. I need to get a couple good runs in before I move away. I'm starting to get a little nostalgic about my time in Indiana, but I'm excited to move and get adjusted to a new place and environment.

I'm taking tomorrow off from running to relax my muscles. Then Saturday is the race!

Goal: 1000 miles/365 days
So far: 401.63 miles/247 days
To go: 598.37 miles/118 days

No comments:

Post a Comment