Tuesday, July 6, 2010

slow and steady wins the race

Something hit me the other day. I looked at my bank account and thought about all of the money that I have been spending on horribly unhealthy choices, specfically on fast food. Fast food does not help me in my goal.. at all. It is keeping my motivation down, keeps my health and weight stagnant, and does not allow me to get to the point that I want to be at... the point in which I FEEL that I should be. I'm not there. I cannot continue to eat like that. Not only that, but fast food is ridiculously expensive. I've been saving money for a long time for grad school and I would have, probably, a thousand dollars more if I was eating healthily. It's something that I really want to and need to stick to. I don't know why it's so hard for me. I've been working on this for over a year now, on this health thing, on running. I don't know why it's still hard. I feel like I should be an expert by now, but I'm not. It's a process and I'm still working on it.

I bought Reebok EasyTones today. I wore them while walking around at the mall for a few hours. I hope that they help my legs, too. I'm proud of the work that I've done so far on my legs, but I'm excited for the way the shoes might be able to help me even further in my process. Tomorrow, I'm going to wear them to work. I'll probably be sore, because I went for a pretty long run tonight and wore the shoes for several hours today, on top of the fact that I will be wearing them tomorrow. It might be interesting.

My run today was REALLY awesome. I actually feel like I'm on my way to training for Goofy's Challenge in January. I was able to run/walk more than 7 miles, which was incredible. I'm really excited about how well it went. I'm looking forward to doing a 10 or 11 mile run later this week.. actually, that will probably be tomorrow. I'm going to write out my weekly running plan while I'm at work tomorrow, because these next few weeks are going to be ridiculous with my running and working... and MOVING. I move to Orlando in less than 3 weeks now. I'm starting to freak out, actually.

I just want to mention that I am getting proud of my leg muscles.

Goal: 1000 miles/365 days
So far: 390.44 miles/244 days
To go: 609.56 miles/121 days

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job on your long runs...I really need to get some longer runs in...it is always hard! I would be loving my legs if they had muscle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of your leg muscles too. I'm also proud of you long runs because it used to be a struggle to just run 2 or 3 you know? I'm freaking out too.

    ReplyDelete