Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Week THREE of Chicago training: Day 11


"Believe that you can run farther or faster. Believe that you're young enough, old enough, strong enough, and so on to accomplish everything you want to do. Don't let worn-out beliefs stop you from moving beyond yourself." -John Bingham
 Today I ran 4  miles... it was reaaally hot. I was really slow, which was okay. At this point, with the  heat the way that it is, I'm just glad that I'm getting the distance accomplished and I'm less worried about the speed. I'll definitely get there with my speed, but right now is not the time.

Now I have to work, so this blog post isn't too exciting. haha.

Goal: 1000 miles/366 days
So far: 303.24 miles/185 days
To go: 696.76 miles/183 days

2 comments:

  1. It's great to see your mileage going up so much now...it's not where it needs to be but you will get there! I'm proud of you. This is great. Speed will come with time and repeated runs. Like the training plan says, there are some runs to focus on marathon speed so you don't have to focus on it yet.

    ReplyDelete