Friday, July 13, 2012

Chicago Training Day 18

I was soo slow today. I'm actually a little bit disappointed in myself. I intended to push it pretty hard, but that didn't really happen. It was hotter than yesterday, although I left at the same time. Today, I was on more of a time crunch, too. (Zoe had an appointment at the vet this evening. Routine check up, but we wanted to get there early so that we could fill out paperwork. Today was our first time trying this vet.)

(Zoe)


Anyways, I left at 4, thinking that I could be back, showered, and dressed by 5. By the time I was a half mile in, I knew that it was going to be a tough run today. It was a four miler, but my legs were super tired from yesterday. I walked way more than I wanted to.. and my pace was 15-something. I'm a little disappointed. At the same time, though, I'm glad that I got out there and did it. I ended with exactly 4 miles, which was really surprising. I'm not used to getting exact numbers when I run.. unless I'm on the treadmill. (which I despise..)

I've been really missing personal training a lot. I haven't hit the gym since spring semester ended in May. I feel like my body has gotten flabbier over the past two months and that I really need to make a change. ...the problem is that I'm really not getting many hours at work, so I can't really afford going back to it until I find another job. I'm toying around with the idea of working at a gym. I feel like it would be a major motivator for me, while helping pay the bills. I've NEVER worked the low amount of hours that I've recently been working. It's frustrating. I guess I need a full time job, but it's going to be difficult to manage when the semester starts again. hmm...

Also... I'm really getting frustrated with the amount of laundry that I'm going through. I'm continually running out of shorts, spandex, and sports bras. I feel like I'm constantly rewashing stuff, just to dirty it up again. Sad.

Goal: 1000 miles/366 days
So far: 345.24 miles/194 days
To go: 654.76 miles/172 days

1 comment:

  1. I think since you miss the gym we should try some workouts together or the biggest loser wii. We'be talked about it but haven't done it yet. It'd be worth a try. I know your hours have been frustrating....I guess good news about that is it's been giving you a better chance to follow your training plan ;)

    ReplyDelete