Sunday, December 6, 2009

Quidditch

I have come to the conclusion that running in the cold may not be so bad, as long as I have enough layers on. Though now that I am inside, I'm a little cold, earlier, it was not so bad. I even got a little warm and had to take off my hat. I did wear several layers though and it isn't subzero yet, so it's not neccessary that I get all excited about it quite yet. I really should wait until January to see what the weather is like. I think that it'll just take some getting used to and it'll be fine. I know that I was definitely worried about running in the cold this year, but I knew that I would have to do it. We'll see as it gets colder and actually starts to snow. (Though, I would definitely prefer it not to snow. at all. ever. but that's just personal preference, I guess.)

One thing that I love about Sunday runs is that I have so much time to relax and I usually go out and run at my own pace- which is typically a little slower than normal and I really don't push myself too hard. I usually run my longest distance for the week, but my time is the longest on Sundays. I guess that Sunday is my relaxing day. Then I come home and do a ton of homework, but that's not the point. I really enjoy doing my Sunday runs, though.

I am thinking about running a few more miles tonight... probably just two or three, depending on how much stuff I get done for the rest of the day.

Interestingly, today when I ran past one of the soccer fields, I saw a bunch of people who were playing a game that looked like soccer from the distance. However, my running partner said something about them playing with broomsticks. Yes, I ran by a game of Quidditch. I thought that was really interesting. I mean, I don't think that I would participate in a game of Quidditch, but it was fun to see that people were out there and participating in activities, particularly activities that aren't neccessarily so popular among society members.

Goal: 1000 mi/365 days
So far: 65.53 mi/29 days
To go: 934.47 mi/336 days

3 comments:

  1. WE did take it a lot easier today but it's a nice change from the break neck paces of yesterday and probaby easier on your muscles too. I'm glad Sundays can be relaxing for you. I'm prouad that you've had longer runs two days in a row as well! Maybe you can start running this far everyday or every other day. Then you'd really get to your goal quickly. When will we have a 12.1 mile run as practice eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was funny that they were having that qudditch game and now we are watching Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've already got most important part of winter running figured out, layers and gradual getting used to it. you're on your way...

    ReplyDelete