Sunday, August 12, 2012

...something to say about motivation.

I don't really have time to write. I have to leave for work in five minutes or so. Blah. (Did I tell you that I don't like working at night? Because I don't. It annoys me.)

Today Kath and I ran together. We did a little over eight and a half miles. It was really tough. For the first time outside of a race, I thought I was going to throw up. I've never felt sick during a training run before. I didn't even push myself too hard. I'm not sure what the problem was with my body. My breakfast was healthy and pretty light (a bagel with peanut butter and a slice of turkey ham). Ijust felt miserable. The. Whole. Time.

There's something to say for motivation though. I pulled it out in the end. I cut my average pace from 16 to 15:30 in the last three miles. (I'm really unhappy with that pace.) I'm glad I found the motivation to push past my barriers and move forward. I think that's pretty awesome.

I just wish I didn't have to dig so deep sometimes.

Goal: 1000 miles/366 days
So far: 479.34 miles/225 days
To go: 520.66 miles/141 days

1 comment:

  1. I was definitely impressed with how much you were able to cut off in the end. I bet if you didn't feel like puking half the time you probably would have been able to make under 15 min. pace but we'll just have to see how it goes next time. I had some of that ham before my run today and I pushed myself really hard and felt a little pukey so maybe it was that you ate it too soon before the run? But who knows. I still say it was impressive after such a long run the day before and I'm glad you allowed yourself to be a little impressed with the speed increase at the end.

    ReplyDelete