Thursday, June 28, 2012

Chicago Training: Day Eight!

Today was a crazy day. I had lunch and several hours of shopping with a friend (mostly she shopped and I was there for moral support.  haha.). Then went out for dinner and watched some tv with the bestest friend. I looked at some job openings and stuff. ...aaaand I ran! Woo hoo.

I just did a little over 3 miles today, which was planned. I'm pretty excited about it. I haven't missed a run yet and I'm halfway through week two of training.

Today's run was really slow, with lots of walking. I'm okay with it though, because I still went out there and did it. I don't feel like I chickened out. I definitely could have pushed myself a little harder, but I think I did alright.

Officially Goofy Challenge training starts next week. I'm not sure how I'm going to train for both. Hm.. Life is likely to get a little bit crazy. I really need a full time job soon. I'm beyond broke at the moment. (which cuts into my race funds! SAD!)

Goal: 1000 miles/366 days
So far: 283.54 miles/180 days
To go: 716.46 miles/186 days

1 comment:

  1. Just realized I hadn't commented on this post. The funds thing is a bummer. Man...think of all the money you'd have without races though!...I guess you would've had to find some other passion for your money. I'm glad you got me into racing with you or else I probably would have kind of fizzled out on running as I was telling you before.

    ReplyDelete