Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Chicago Marathon Training: Day 2

Today, it was difficult to get myself to actually go run. Since it was the second day of my training, I went. I'm glad that I did.

I was supposed to run 5 miles today and it was rainy and a little awful. It wasn't a full force monsoon level rain like it was last week, but it was pretty substantial. The only good thing about the rain was that it wasn't terribly hot out. It was actually a decent temperature. I was supposed to do a hill run, but I don't have a hilly course to run on. Well, I'm sure that there is one somewhere around here, but I haven't really gotten acclimated with the area beyond the route that I normally use. I guess that's something that I am going to need to work on while I'm training.

Anyways, it was definitely rainy. I had a much better pace than I did yesterday. I guess that in exchange for not doing a hill run, I decided that I would push it pretty hard. I definitely pushed myself.

When I was almost home, Katherine had gotten home and went out to run. I ended up running with her for about five minutes, but I was too tired to stay with her for her entire run. In total, I ended up with a little more than five and a quarter miles, which I am pretty happy with.

Tomorrow is "5 miles easy". I'm going to try to get out there in the morning, because I have so many things to do and the week is already almost over! Crazy...

Oh! I registered for Goofy's Challenge yesterday! woo hoo!!
I'll probably sign up for the 5k later. I really loved Dopey-ing it this year, so I've got to do it next year too! haha.

Goal: 1000 miles/366 days
So far: 253.07 miles/172 days
To go: 746.93 miles/194 days

1 comment:

  1. Oh man. It'll be pretty crazy if you do the Dopey again. You are the mastor! I am glad we ran for a bit together but I know you pretty worn out at that point. I felt creeped out with running alone and without my phone b/c the rain scared everybody away! So definitely had a short run but glad I got out there too. I'm glad to see your miles going up and up!!!! Congrats on keeping with your plan so far!

    ReplyDelete