Saturday, March 10, 2012

sometimes, it is just one step in front of the other

Goodness, I'm exhausted. I honestly don't even know what the deal with  me is. I feel drained and didn't feel like running today, but Katherine convinced me to go out anyways. (Thanks bff!) The run was tough and emotional. Usually, when I start a tough run, I end up doing okay and pulling it out in the end, but the entire thing was really rough on me this time. I had ...like one good mile. Out of seven. I thought I was going to be able to pick it up in the end and do okay, but by the end, my body was trying to give up on me.

I think part of it is my nutrition this week. I've been eating like crap. It has been spring break and my grandparents have been visiting... and I've been drinking WAY less water than I'm used to and WAY too much Mountain Dew... and bad carbs.. and food I should be only eating occasionally. For example, we ordered pizza the other day. I ate that pizza like I did 25 pounds ago. I kept getting more and more slices. Generally, if I'm eating pizza, I hold myself back to one slice or two slices at most.

I definitely feel like my nutrition has been getting the best of me this week. It comes down to making poor choices and that's on me.

I think that if I work on getting my eating back on point (or close to it), my body will respond better. I need to be able to run 7 miles without feeling horrible the entire time. I know that I'm just sort of beating myself up about it, but I really felt miserable for 95% of the run today. That's unacceptable. I've had many better runs than that. So many.

I'm just hoping that better days (better runs!) are right around the corner.

Goal: 1000 miles/366 days
So far: 183.59 miles/70 days
To go: 816.41 miles/296 days

1 comment:

  1. That is a good point. I don't think about nutrition a lot as it relates to regular runs but that is true. Nutrition isn't just about eating right so you lose weight, it is also about fueling your body for your runs and if you aren't feeding your body right your body will feel crappy. That was a bad few days of eating but hopefully things will get back on track. And I'm glad the stores have been stocking the strawberry now that it has its new packaging.

    ReplyDelete