Sunday, March 4, 2012

February recap. and I'm back on the bandwagon.

This is going to be a two part update. First, I need to talk about my February running, then I'll write about today's run. Woo hoo!!

February was not my best running month. I'm still trying to figure out at what point I fell off of the wagon. I had a great January, but then some things just collapsed coming into February. I know I had some tests and papers due, but that's really no excuse. I guess that I just didn't do a good job, but there is still opportunity.

I ran two 5ks and a half marathon in February. It seems like most of my mileage ended up coming from races for the month and that I really only ran a few times on my own. Frustrating. I was talking to Katherine about it today and I feel committed to making March a really good month, getting plenty of mileage in. I'm excited that I've been able to stick with it so far, though, keeping my mileage somewhat close to what it should be.

I am definitely looking forward to the sun being out later and being able to have more time for an outdoor run in the late-ish afternoons. Yipee!

So my total mileage for February was...... 45.9. Not so good. :( I guess that's okay. There is still time to hit my goal this year.

---

Today, Kath and I went out for a run, even though I'm starting to feel a little sick. I'm super congested and my head is heavy. I had started to have some pretty intense sneezing, which sucks, but I still went out and ran with Kath. That was good, I guess. We did our usual route- out through the park near our apartment and back, which is a little under 6.5 miles.

I feel like I did a decent job pacing myself. We stayed under 15 minute miles the entire time, which was great because I didn't feel well and Katherine and I tend to be chatty and not run as quickly as we would by ourselves or during a race. I pushed myself decently hard- not so hard that I collapsed when I got home, but hard enough where I felt challenged through the whole time. That was fabulous. I wish we would have gone a little further, but there's only so much a person can do when feeling sick-ish.

My goal this week (spring break yeah!!) is to get a lot of mileage in. I need to get myself better prepared for races, because there's one in Jacksonville at the end of the month that Katherine and I are pretty set on doing. I'd like to PR again, because last time I raced in Jacksonville, I smashed my PR at the time, and I think I could do it again.

My body has really been responding to my workouts lately. I've taken off a lot of weight in the last few weeks, which is exciting, but also makes me worried. Last time I lost weight this fast was when I first started Weight Watchers three years ago, but I hit a plateau after the first few months of that. Hopefully I can stick to good choices this time. I gave up fast food for lent, so that's making an impact, too. I definitely want to have the healthiest lifestyle that I can.

Anyways, yeah... I ran today with Katherine. It was fun. The end.

Goal: 1000 miles/366 days
So far: 162.34/64 days
To go: 837.66 miles/302 days

No comments:

Post a Comment