Saturday, May 15, 2010

cut my run short.

I checked the weather before I went out this morning to run. It lied.. because it was definitely not 58 degrees outside. It's probably more like 70 already.. and it was barely nine am. From now on, I'm not believing anything that the internet says that the weather is. I guess I'll just have to go outside in my pajamas and assess the weather myself. Hmph.

Needless to say, since I was dressed for weather in the high fifties- shorts and a long sleeved shirt, my run was cut short. I got ridiculously hot and just could not finish. I wanted to run five miles or run an hour, whichever came first. I headed back home at 4 miles, which I'm a little disappointed about, especially because I used to always have my best runs when I'm staying at my mom's house, which I do every weekend for work. Now, I feel like that has changed a little bit. It's just a little bit frustrating. I'm going to have to figure out a different way, I guess.

Needless to say, summer running is going to be interesting. I might have to invest in some sort of a portable, easy to carry water bottle or something, because I really don't want to become dehydrated.

I'm heading to Florida tomorrow to look at apartments and hopefully get everything worked out to move in a couple of months. I'm going to try to run a couple of times, hopefully. We'll see how it works out, I guess. Good luck to me.

Goal: 1000 miles/365 days
So far: 319.33 miles/189 days
To go:680.67 miles/ 176 days

2 comments: