Thursday, January 24, 2013

Still not registered for any races...

It is such a weird feeling to not be registered for any races. It has literally been years since I have not known what my next race will be. At this point, I'm really focused on school and getting my entire body fit... and I really wanted to make this year about getting triathlon ready. It's just weird.. almost like an empty feeling. I'm sure I'll come up with some races to do this year. Katherine and I talked about running Chicago in the fall.. which I think would be REALLY fun to do again. My mom said she would come to spectate. I have also thought about running the Tower of Terror 10 miler again, because I did the first one, and if I keep it up, I can be a "perfect 20" someday, too. haha. I'll probably do WDW Marathon Weekend again next year.. but none of those races have even opened up yet. It's so crazy.

In 2012, I ran 8 half marathons, 2 full marathons, a 10 miler, a 10k, and several 5ks. It was a crazy running year. That's probably why I feel like I need a break from races. I was definitely burned out by the end of the year.

Anyways, today Kath and I went for a little run. It was at an okay pace, not super fast, but not slow, either. I feel like my endurance has improved a lot over the past few months. We talked and ran together. It was fun. I'm glad that I'm not training for something. It's nice to have a more laid back attitude about running. I kinda like it.

I can't wait until the weather gets better so I can swim!

2013:

Miles run: 57.87/1000
Miles biked: 0
Meters swum: 0


1 comment:

  1. Can we pleeeeeeease do another race together? Oh, W&D 2013 is on everyone's agenda. IT BETTER BE ON KATH'S TOO THIS TIME. ;)

    ReplyDelete