Thursday, February 16, 2012

back at it. again.

I haven't blogged in a while. Frankly, I haven't run in a while. :( Oops. I've been kind of overwhelmed with life.

Sometimes, it feels like I'm just a quitter. I mean, I've never trained very well for a race and I didn't meet my goal for 1000 miles in a year the last time that I tried it. I wished that I would have a good job by now, but I don't. I think that I do spend too much time focusing on my failures rather than on the positive parts of my life. It's something that I definitely need to work on.

The past week and a half (or so) since I've really run have been pretty mentally tough. I've been overwhelmed with work and school, which has been getting to me.. and has caused  me to avoid running a little bit. I just "haven't felt like it"- which is the oldest excuse in the book. I do need to try to work on being more positive and remembering that running is a great escape when I need it.

I also haven't strength trained in a while, which is another thing that I need to get back to. I miss it. I'm planning to go to the gym tonight after I get out of class.

Anyways, today I went out there for a middle-distance type run. It was almost six and a half miles and it went okay. I was having some muscle cramps in my thigh, which I think are related to something that I did at work.. (too much heavy lifting. lol) It went okay, a little slower than I like, but that's okay. At least I got out there and pushed it.

Goal: 1000 miles/366 days
So far: 125.16 miles/46 days
To go: 874.84 miles/320 days

2 comments:

  1. We'll get there.. sometimes I think it's healthier to have an off-period than to try and plough through. I think that's when injuries happen... and injuries suck. So... sometimes we're better off knowing that we need the break from life. Or running. Or whatever.

    :) You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right about trying to stay positive. Running is a great way to clear your mind and destress so take advantage!

    ReplyDelete