Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Setting a few goals for myself.

I've been thinking about my blog a LOT lately, but I haven't been actually writing in it. I'm a little bit disappointed in myself about my lack of blogging.

I have set a few goals for this year that I had decided that I was not going to post for fear of publicizing my failure, as I did last year. Anyways, I've come to the conclusion that, by not publicizing my new goals, I am absolutely setting myself up for failure.

So here are my new years resolutions, if you want to call them that, or personal life goals:

  • 1,000 miles this year.
  • Run another full marathon.
  • Run several times a week. Push myself.
  • Get myself to a pool. I miss swimming.. and it is great exercise.
  • Update my blog regularly.
  • Stay caught up in my classes.
  • Learn good ways to manage stress.
  • Go to the gym!

I'm really apprehensive about going to the gym to work out. I have a really great facility that I can use for free at my university. However, I'm so self conscious about my weight and my work outs, that I feel like I want to trim off a few more pounds before I step foot in a gym. That sounds a little crazy when I think about it, but I did set a goal to lose 8 more pounds before I go to the gym. Hopefully that helps me gain a little more confidence.

I'm going to write my recap from the full marathon this weekend. Look forward to that!

Oh also, for accountability reasons:
Goal: 1000 miles/365 days
So far: 59.69 miles/ 33 days
To go: 940.31 miles/332 days

1 comment:

  1. It's good to see the countdown of miles and days to go again. I hope that you can really work hard towards this goal. I think several of your goals will help the goal of managing stress. The gym issue sounds stressful but if you can get get over the initial anxiety then it could be really good for you. Good luck in your goals!

    ReplyDelete