Friday, November 26, 2010

I'm at a fork in the road.

Yesterday, I ran a mini-marathon. It was my little turkey trot, a Thanksgiving celebration that I decided to participate in, as my typical traditions would not go as usual. Moving 1000 miles away will change things like that.

Anyways, in a combination of work, school, and general laziness, I have been extremely slack in my running. Actually, I've been beyond slacking in my running. I've had hundreds of excuses. Maybe some of the excuses have been logical. Excuses, however... are just that. Excuses. There's no reason for me to be lacking as much as I have in my running. There's no reason that, if I feel uncomfortable running after dark, that I don't go somewhere with plenty of street lamps or even to a gym. As a student, I have free access to a gym. I have not gone once since I moved.

My race performance yesterday was terrible. I struggled almost the entire way and was more than disappointed in my time. My finishing time was decent for an average, beginning runner, but I'm not a beginning runner anymore. My pace has to improve and the only way to do that is to get out there and work at it.

Somehow, I need to align my expectations with my goals and accomplish them. My work ethic just has not been where it needs to be and I've got to figure out a way to align everything, I guess.

Anyways, official finishing time: 3:04.00.

I ran with Kath. I felt like I was holding her back for a while, which was because I was becoming so so frustrated with myself throughout the race, as I just COULD NOT keep my pace.

I'm just at a stopping place right now. I'm at a fork in the road. I have to make a change. Sometimes, I feel like making a change is more difficult than going down the same, lazy, pathetic path. It just isn't easy right now. I'm going to have to figure something out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment